Friday, September 2, 2011

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray...

Series: -
Published: June 1st 2011 by Allen & Unwin 
Pages: 396
Rating: 3 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Teen beauty queens. A lost island. Mysteries and dangers. No access to email.

And the spirit of fierce, feral competition that lives deep in the heart of every girl, a savage brutality that can only be revealed by a journey into the heart of non-exfoliated darkness.

The horror, the horror!

Only funnier. With evening gowns. And a body count.


Review:

I had really high expectations for this book as I had heard nothing but good things about it, I heard that it was funny and witty and really it just sounded like my kind of book and I was really looking forward to reading it. But sadly I was let down.

Now for the review.

First, the plot. I thought that the plot was definitely and original idea and I had never heard anything like it, but I felt that the plot just dragged and really nothing really happened even when the characters had their own chapter. One thing I completely loved about this book though was the footnotes and commercials I thought that they were great.

Now the characters. To be honest I didn’t get to know the characters at all. I thought that there were way too many and really I didn’t have a clear idea about which character was being talked about throughout the whole book so it got pretty confusing, I did manage to work out about three of the characters but I really just felt that there were too many characters in this book, but I did like how we got to see each of their different points of view throughout the book.

Overall I thought that this was alright, I thought that the idea had such great potential but it just didn’t live up to what I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment