Monday, September 26, 2011

Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow...

Series: Strange Angels (Book #1)
Published:  May 14th 2009 by Penguin Group
 Pages: 293
Rating: 2 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Dru Anderson has what her grandmother called "the touch." (Comes in handy when you're traveling from town to town with your dad, hunting ghosts, suckers, wulfen, and the occasional zombie.)

Then her dad turns up dead - but still walking - and Dru knows she's next. Even worse, she's got two guys hungry for her affections, and they're not about to let the fiercely independent Dru go it alone. Will Dru discover just how special she really is before coming face-to-fang with whatever - or whoever - is hunting her?


Review:

This book definitley was not for me. I had really high hopes for this book because I had seen really great reviews on it and it was also reccommended to me by a friend who has the same taste in books as me, but sadly I found that I could only get through about the first 100 pages.

The plot. Really I don't have much to say on the plot because really nothing had happened in this book yet really it just seemed to drag on and to be honest I found it to be pretty boring, but I'm thinking that it must have picked up along the way for it to get so many good reviews but I didn't really feel like reading another 100 pages to get to it.

The characters. When I put the book down I had only been introduced to three characters and they were Dru, her dad and Graves. I found myself not being able to relate to any of these characters which I think is another reason why i decided to put this book down, I found that Dru's character just seemed to get on my nerves.

Overall I thought that this book was alright from the 100 pages of it that I read and I do have the sequal which is "Betrayals"n so I will probably be picking it up again, so there may be an updated review soon but right now this book just really was not for me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh darn that sucks that this book wasn't for you!! I tried to read this one, but couldn't get very far.

    Haley from Ya-aholic.com

    ReplyDelete