Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wings by Aprilynne Pike...

Series: Wings (Book #1)
Published:  August 6th 2009 by Harper Collins Children's Books
Pages: 360
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Laurel was mesmerised, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful - too beautiful for words. Laurel turned to the mirror again, he eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings.

In this extraordinary tale of magic, romance and danger, everything you thought you knew about faeries will be changed forever.


Review:

To be honest I didn't really know what to expect from this book so I didn't really have high expectations for it, really the only reason I picked it up from my high school's library was because I had bought the sequal "Spells" for cheap. But I am so glad I did, this book completely blew me away.

The plot. All I can say is wow. The concept of this book was nothing that I have ever come across before and I thought that it was really interesting and made for a great story. But it was really the storyline itself that kept me hooked reading this book and had before I knew it I had read it in a couple of hours. I thought that the story was captivating and it was full of suspense and mystery and really it just had everything that I looked for in a book.

The characters. I really loved all the characters in this book, but I especially loved Laurel and David I thought that their characters were very realistic and there was good character development throughout the book and we get to see how they get stronger throughout the book, but most of all I loved the relationship between them.

Overall I thought that this book was amazing and it was a great start to the series I can't wait to pick up my own copy! And this book was left on such a way that I'm just waiting to read the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment