Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead...

Series: Bloodlines (Book #1)
Published:  August 23rd 2011 by Razorbill Fiction
Pages: 421
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

BLOOD DOESN'T LIE. Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...

Review:

All I can say is wow... This book left me speechless. I had really high expectations for this book considering that "Last Sacrifice" was such an amazing book. But Richelles Mead's writting was as flawless as ever enjoyable book to read.

First, the plot. I have to admit that the plot was a little slow to begin with when all the new characters were being introduced and the main plot was being set out but when you got about 150 pages in things really started to happen. I loved all of the mystery in this book and then all of the shocking things that you were not expecting at all.

Next, the charaters. Intially when I found out that the spin-off series was going to be about Sydney I was worried, because I never really liked Sydney's character in Vampire Academy, but with reading this book I found that I came to really like Sydney. I really liked how we got to see a lot more of Adrian in this book and I found that I understood him a whole lot more from reading this book and I have also come to like his character a whole lot more aswell.

Overall I thought that this book was a great start to the new series we got to meet a whole lot of new character and learn more about the one's we already knew. Richelle Mead is such a great author and this book just highlights how great of an author she is, I am defintley going to be pre-ordering "The Golden Lily" after the cliff hanger the book was left on, just an all around amazing book

No comments:

Post a Comment