Wednesday, September 14, 2011

That Summer by Sarah Dessen...

Series: -
Published:  July 2nd 2009 by Puffin
Pages: 230
Rating: 4 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

For fifteen-year-old Haven, life is changing too quickly. She's nearly six feet tall, her father is getting remarried, and her sister,the always perfect Ashley,is planning a wedding of her own. Haven wishes things could just go back to the way they were. Then an old boyfriend of Ashley's reenters the picture, and through him, Haven sees the past for what it really was, and comes to grips with the future.

Review:

This book I really enjoyed. I knew I would though after reading "Along For The Ride" because most of these types of books always seem to follow the same storyline with a few differences which is fine with me. But I also found that with this book there was also an element of what it's like to be a sister which I really loved.

The plot I found to be a little slow to start but when Sumner came into the story things really started to pick up and getting really good and I really loved seeing everything that Sumner and Haven got up to.

I really loved the character of Sumner I thought that he was witty and kind and really just an all-around good guy. I really did feel that I related to Haven's character and I felt that she was a little childish for my liking but her character was definitley written well for her age. The one character I really didn't like thoughout the whole book was Ashley I found her to be really self-absorbed, but towards the end of the book I found myself actually liking her.

Overall I thought that this book was great and I really am looking foward to reading all the rest of Sarah Dessen's books over the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment