Saturday, August 20, 2011

Before I Die by Jenny Downham...

Series: -
Published:  July 5th 2007 by David Fickling Books
Pages: 336
Rating: 2 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Tessa has just months to live. Fighting back against hospital visits, endless tests, drugs with excruciating side-effects, Tessa compiles a list. It’s her To Do Before I Die list. And number one is Sex. Released from the constraints of ‘normal’ life, Tessa tastes new experiences to make her feel alive while her failing body struggles to keep up. Tessa’s feelings, her relationships with her father and brother, her estranged mother, her best friend, and her new boyfriend, all are painfully crystallised in the precious weeks before Tessa’s time finally runs out.

Review:

I had pretty high expectation for this book because it had been reccomended to me by my english teacher and also by a friend of mine but I still had no idea what to expect because I have never really read a book like this, but to be honest I found the pace to be pretty slow and decided to stop reading when I was about half way through as nothing was really happening in the book.

The plot. I don't really know what I can say about the plot really the first half of the book is just about what Tessa wants to do before she dies and has made a list of all the things she wants to do and the first half of this book is her completing all the things on that list, well this is what has been happening upto the halfway point. I think I got up to number four.

The characters. I didn't really feel like I could relate to any of the characters in this book I think that this might have been why I decided to put it down. I didn't really like the way that the characters of Tessa or Zoey had been written either.

Overall I thought that this book was a bit of a let down, I thought that how Tessa carried out the list could have been made a whole lot more fun but I did think that from what I read of it that it was an ok book.


No comments:

Post a Comment