Saturday, February 2, 2013

Gossip GIrl by Cecily von Ziegasar...

Series: Gossip Girl (Book #1)
Published: April 1st 2002 by Poppy
Pages: 224
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 14+ (Due to course language)
Synopsis:

Welcome to New York City's Upper East Side, where my friends and I live, go to school, play, and sleep--sometimes with each other.

S is back from boarding school, and if we aren't careful, she's going to win over our teachers, wear that dress we couldn't fit into, steal our boyfriends' hearts, and basically ruin our lives in a major way. I'll be watching closely...

You know you love me,
gossip girl


Review:

I had no idea what to expect when I went into this book because I had heard such mixed reviews on this series, some people loved it and others hated it. So I guess I didn't really have any expectations going into the book, but I was pleasantly suprised.

The plot. I really enjoyed the plot of this book. Even I had watched the television show before I read the book I thought that there were enough differences between the characters and also just how the plot was set out that it didn't end up being boring for me. I loved how I got to see inside all of the main characters heads and being able to see what they were thinking and feeling at the time. Another thing that I really liked was how there were Gossip Girl blasts throughout the book and and how the charcters weren't really affected by the blasts because they don't read them like in the show.

The characters. I really enjoyed the characters in this book and I thought that they were all written really well.
Serena. I really enjoyed Serena's character, she would have to be the one that I connected with the most throughout the book. I really loved seeing how she rose above everything that was happening to her with being back at her old school and just seeing how she grew throughout the book.
Blair. I found it very hard to relate to Blair in this book. To be honest I just really didn't like her she was very munipulating and had to get everything she wanted, even if that meant making people she cared about do things they didn't want to do.

Overall I was very pleasantly suprised by this book I thought that it was a very quick, light and fun read and I am really glad that I bought the boxset of the first eleven books in the series and the prequel so I don't have to wait to get my hands on any of them. Now onto book two.

No comments:

Post a Comment