Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry...

Series: Pushing the Limits (Book #1)
Published: August 3rd 2012 by Mira Ink
Pages: 416
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 15+ (Due to course language & mature content)

Synopsis:

So wrong for each other...and yet so right.
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

Review:

I will admit when I finally picked up this book to read it I really had forgotten what it was about, so I was going into it blind. I really had no expectations for this book but I did remember seeing all the great reviews on it and likeing the synopsis when I read it and I was blown away by this book.

The plot. I really enjoyed the plot of the book and I managed to finish it fairly quickly. It was a storyline that kept me up at night because I had to see what would happen next in Echo and Noah story. I loved the dual narration within the book and how the chapters were from both Echo and Noah's perspectives because I was able to really see into each of their lives and in turn really sympathize with both of their situations. I thought that this book was a very moving story filled with heart break, romance and an amazing storyline and characters.

The characters. The characters I really loved in this book. They were flawed and had real personalities and their own issues to work through and I loved seeing both Echo and Noah grow throughout the book and ultimatley I have become very attached to both of these characters.
Echo. From the first page of this book I felt for Echo and her situation and the struggles that she went through as she found out fragments of what happened to her that night. I also loved watching how she grew throughout the book and how she changed into a stronger more independant person and I think that has a lot to do with what she found out about that night as well as her relationship with Noah.
Noah. I also really felt for Noah's situation and everything that he went through with his family. I liked seeing how he changed for the better throughout the book with the help of his friends, Echo and Mrs Collins and ultimatley changed his outlook on his situation.

Overall I really fell in love with this book and the characters, it would have to be one of the best books I have read so far this year and I will be pre-ordering the next book in the series very soon even though the book doesn't come out for months I defineitly want to have that book in my hands ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment