Monday, February 18, 2013

The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead...

Series: Bloodlines (Book #3)
Published: February 12th 2013 by Razorbill
Pages: 401
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.


Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.


Review:

I had such high expectations for this book after loving "The Golden Lily" and everything else that Richelle Mead has written. After having "The Golden Lily" left on such a cliff hanger I had to see what happened next for Adrian and Sydney, and Richelle Mead didn't dissapoint.

The plot. I LOVED the plot of this book, it has all the elements of a perfect book for me, mystery, romance, plot twists, suspense... This book had it all. The main thing that really stood out to me in this book was the tension between Adrian and Sydney and how I was constantly kept guessing on how far their relationship would go which I loved. I also really loved all the magic that was in the book and seeing Sydney develop her skills, I will admit when I first started reading the book I found the magic scenes to be a bit annoying, but as the book went on I thought they really enhanced the story. And ofcourse it wouldn't be a Richelle Mead book without the susupense, plot twists and ofcourse a great cliff hanger that leaves you enraged that you will have to wait another year for the next book to be released. Well they were all there too. I loved seeing all of the mysterious things that happened in the book and how I was kept guessing for a lot of the book and just when I thought I had it all figured out something else would pop up and I would be completeley blind-sighted. I think this cliff hanger would have to be the best in the series yet! It has set up for such an interesting fourth book and I really cannot wait to see how Sydney deals with the situation she has gotten herself into.

The characters. I loved each and every character in this book. I thought that they were all written flawlessly, but really that was no suprise to me after reading every book Richelle Mead has ever witten I have definitely seen that she has a knack for writting amazing characters.
Sydney. I really loved her character in this book and how I got to see a different side to her. I thought that in the space of this one book she has really come out of her shell and has become her own person. I loved seeing how she finally deceided to do what she wanted to do and even had the strength to go against what she was taught her whole life. I also really enjoyed seeing her relationship with Adrian grow and I really felt for her as she deceided what she was going to do about their relationship. After reading this book I found that I have a new respect for Sydney that I didn't have before as I think she is a character that I have come to really like and enjoy reading about and I cannot wait to see what happens with her story in the next book.
Adrian. I loved Adrian in this book, though that is no suprise to me. I've loved him ever since he showed up in Vampire Academy. I loved all of his one liners and pretty much all the conversations he had with Sydney in this book and he just made the story that much more entertaining to read. I really felt for him in this book and seeing what it did to him when Sydney was choosing how far to take their relationship. But ultimately I found that I saw another side to Adrian in this book and it was a side I really liked. I saw how much he cared for Sydney and just how far he would go to protect her and that he would do anything for her.

Overall I thought that this was an AMAZING book and i think this would have to be the best book in the series so far. I cannot wait to see what happens to this story in the next book I think it is going to be an amazing read, so as soon as it's available for pre-order I will be securing my copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment