Saturday, February 2, 2013

You Know You Love Me by Cecily von Ziegesar...

Series: Gossip Girl (Book #2)
Published: September 1st 2002 by Little, Brown Young Readers
Pages: 240
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 14+ (Due to course language)

Synopsis:

In You Know You Love Me, the sequel to Gossip Girl, it's brunette vixen Blair Waldorf's seventeenth birthday, and she knows exactly what she wants--Nate, her studly troubles boyfriend of three years. But Blair's been too busy filling out Ivy League college applications to notice that Nate has found himself another playmate.

Review:

Even after reading "Gossip Girl" and really enjoying it I still went into this book with pretty low expectations. That's not to say that this series isn't good but I feel that this series is one that you can't take too seriously and I found that I really enjoyed this book.

The plot. I enjoyed the plot of this book a lot more than I did the first and I think that's because I have gotten to know the characters a little better and all of there storylines have been set up. I really enjoyed the pacing of this book and I thought that it was a very fast, fun and easy read. Another thing that I loved was seeing what all the characters are thinking and feeling through their eyes and I loved seeing everything that happened to all of them throughout the book.

The characters. I really enjoyed reading about all of the characters in this book now that I have gotten to know them a little better so I have a better idea of why they do the things they do.
Serena. As with "Gossip Girl" I found Serena to be the most relateable character. I enjoyed seeing everything that she did in the book and how she always managed to make the best of bad situartions.
Blair. I have found myself likeing Blair's character a little more in this book now that I have read a little more about her. Now I know the reasons why she does the things that she does and I really felt for her with the whole Nate situation.
Dan. Dan is one of the characters that really annoys me in this book. He is so obsessed with Serena and because of that he seems like now he really doesn't have any purpose without her in his life.
Jenny. I really am starting to enjoy Jenny's character I think that she is starting to come into her own. I loved seeing how she came out of her shell a little more in this book thanks to a certain person and I can't wait to see what happens with her in the next book.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I thought that it was a great second installment to the series and I cannot wait to start reading the third book.

No comments:

Post a Comment