Monday, January 21, 2013

Twilight: The Graphic Novel Volume Two by Stephanie Meyer and Illistrated by Young Kim...

Series: Twilight: The Graphic Novel Series (Book #1, Volume #2)
Published: October 11th 2011 by Yen Press
Pages: 240
Rating: 4 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Having uncovered the dark secret of her enigmatic classmate, Edward Cullen, Bella Swan embraces her feelings for him, trusting Edward to keep her safe despite the risks. When a rival clan of vampires makes its way into Forks, though, the danger to Bella has never been more real. Will she make the ultimate sacrifice to protect the people dearest to her?
Review:

So after waiting I don't know how long I finally decided to pick up the second part to the Twilight graphic novel and I wasn't dissapointed.

Book to graphic novel adaptaion. I thought that the adaptation from the boook was done really well. I thought that everything that was a main part of the story was there, sure a few things were changed around but overall I thought that they did a great job. I thought that the story was very easy to follow and I think that even if I hadn't read the original book I would still be able to figure out exactly what had happened in the original book just from reading this graphic novel.

The art. I really did enjoy the art in this part of the graphic novel. I loved how everything was so detailed from the backgrounds to the clothes and ofcourse, the charcters themselves. I could really see each expression that the characters in the pictures were making which I thought was great. The one downside I found while reading this novel (parts one and two) was that the drawing of all of the charcters were made to look pretty much the same as the actors for the movie, where as I would have liked to see the artists own interpretation of what they saw in their head.

Overall I really enjoyed this graphic novel and I will definitely be picking up New Moon. But I think I will wait till a bind-up of both parts has come out so I don't have to wait a year between parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment