Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tan Lines by Katherine Applegate...

Series: Summer (Books #5-7)
Published: June 3rd 2008 by Simon Pulse
Pages: 539
Rating: 4 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Summer can't wait to get back to the Florida Keys. She, Marquez, and Diana have already decided to get an apartment so they can spend the whole summer together. But even with her friends by her side, Summer is in for more boy trouble.

Summer's boyfriend, Seth, is ready to take their relationship to the next level, but he's all the way across the country in California. Enter Austin, the hottie from spring break whom Summer hasn't stopped thinking about.

With Austin flirting 24/7 and Seth hundreds of miles away, Summer is about to learn about true love...


Review:

I was really looking foward to reading this book after really enjoying "Beach Blondes" and I, like most people mistook this book for the second in the series but even with that I have to say this book was not a dissapointment.

The plot. I did enjoy the plot, though at times I felt that it did drag on and I started to loose interest. But for the most part the plot was very interesting and kept me guessing the whole way through. There were a lot of unexpecting things that happened in this book and people turning out to be not who I thought they were (both identity and personality wise). But the main thing that I loved about this book and the same went for "Beach Blondes" is that it tackles a hard issue like in "Beach Blondes" with Diana and her depression this book focuses on Marquez and her eating disorder and I loved seeing how that was worked into the book. And another thing that I have really loved about this series is the mulitpul POV which gives this series a lot more substance than if it was just being told from Summer's POV and I love being able to get into the heads of all of the characters.

The characters. I have started to become a lot more attached to the characters in this series now that I have read the second bind up and have started to get to know them all a lot better.
Summer. I really enjoyed reading about Summer again and seeing all of the struggles she went through with her family, friends and boys. I ultimately I felt that it made her a stronger person and it was great being able to see her grow throughout the book and take control of her life and make the choices that she wanted to and not just do things that pleased everyone else.
Marquez. I really felt for Marquez in this book and the situation that she was in because it is such a relateable issue because i'm sure that almost all teenage girls at some point have had self-esteem and body image issues. I really loved being able to see her grow throughout the book and come to terms with her issues and face them head on.

Overall I did really enjoy this book and I will definitely be buying the books that I don't have in the series. I cannot wait to see how this series concludes and find out what happens to everyone at the Key.

No comments:

Post a Comment