Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Burned by Sara Shepard...

Series: Pretty Little Liars (Book #12)
Published: December 4th 2012 by HarperTeen
Pages: 336
Rating: 2 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:
It's spring break, and the pretty little liars are trading in Rosewood for a cruise vacation. They want nothing more than to sail into the tropical sunset and leave their troubles behind for one blissful week. But where Emily, Aria, Spencer, and Hanna go, A goes, too. From scuba diving to tanning on the upper deck, A is there, soaking up all their new secrets.

Emily is smooching a stowaway. Aria's treasure-hunting partner is a little too interested in her booty. Spencer's going overboard trying to land a new boy. And a blast--or rather, a crash--from Hanna's past could mean rough waters ahead for everyone.

The liars better tighten their life jackets. A perfect storm is brewing, and if they aren't careful, A will bury them at sea.


Review:

I really don't know what to write about this book. I wasn't expecting anything amazing when I went into reading this book as I haven't really enjoyed the last four book, this was much of the same.

The plot. The storyline in this book didn't really hold my attention so I can't really remember much of what happened, book which is saying a lot because I read over two thirds of the book today. But from what I can remember this book was a slight improvement from the last. I thought that the storyline was more realistic than the last books and I thought that the writting itself flowed a little better and it made it a bit easier to read. There were some unexpected plot twist that I admit I didn't see coming which was a nice suprise but for me there was no real suspense or mystery in the book.

The characters. I won't be writting about them individually in this review because I didn't feel like there was any stand out points to talk about. I had a hard time connecting to the girls characters when I was reading this book, though I did think that they were a bit more relateable than in previous books and I truly did feel for what they were going through. I didn't feel that there was much character development or that the girls changed or grew throughout the book and I just thought that there characters were very lack-luster.

Overall I didn't really enjoy this book and I think it will be the last of the "Pretty Little Liars" books that I read for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment