Saturday, December 29, 2012

Opal by Jennifer L. Armentrout...

Series: Lux (Book #3)
Published: December 11th 2012 by Entangled Teen
Pages: 382
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.


Review:

Wow what a book... I had really high expectations going into this book after reading both of Jennifer L. Armentrout's series and loving them and this book was no exception.

The plot. I have to admit when I started this book I thought that it was a little bit slow but about halfway through when someone unexpected reappears things start to pick up and it is non-stop action from them till the last page. There were so many unexpected plot twists in this book and everything just went together to make one epic and amazing read. For me the ending would have to have been the highlight of the book, there was so much emotion and it has left a great opening for what it going to happen in the next book.

The characters. I loved all the characters in this series, with each new book that I read they start to feel a lot more real and I become more attached to them.
Katy. I loved seeing more of Katy's charcter again and seeing the Luxen world throuh her eyes. I thought that she was a very relateable charcter and I loved seeing how emotional she was in this book and how I got to really feel all of the emotions she was feeling. I also loved seeing how she changed throughout the course of the book and how she got stronger and fought for the people around her.
Daemon. I really enjoyed Daemon's character in this book, I loved seeing his softer side when he was around Katy and just overall I thought that he was a lot softer in this book and really showed what he was feeling, though he still did have his great snarky comments that make these books so entertaining. I also loved seeing just how deep his love for Katy is from the last scene of the book and just being able to feel the pain and shock that he was feeling.

Overall I thought that this was a great third book in the series and I will definitely be pre-ordering "Origin".

No comments:

Post a Comment