Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward...

Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood (Book #10)
Published: October 2nd 2012 by Signet
Pages: 617
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 16+ (Due to graphic content and violence)

Synopsis:

Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment has been a heartbroken shadow of the vampire leader he once was. Brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel, he fights again with ruthless vengeance, unprepared for a new tragedy. Seeing his beloved in dreams—trapped in a cold, isolated netherworld—Tohr turns to the angel Lassiter to save his former mate. The only way to rescue her is for Tohr to love another. As war with the lessers rages, and a new clan of vampires vie for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between an unforgettable past and a hot, passion-filled future. But can his heart let go and set all of them free?
Review:

Loved, loved, LOVED this book. I had really high expectaions when I started reading this book after loving the rest of the series and this book has raised the bar even higher.

The plot. I loved the plot of this book, though I have to admit it took me two attempts to actually finish reading this book. The first time I had to put it down because it wasn't holding my interest but this time when I picked it up it was still a slow start but about half way through things started to really pick up and then it was non-stop action from there. I loved how fast-paced this book was and just how the story flowed, I loved how it was told from multipul POV but still centred around Tohr and No'One/Autumn and I REALLY loved the ending I thought that it was a great way to end the book.

The characters. I thought that all of the characters were great in this book and from after not reading th series for a while it became apparent to me just how much I have come to know and love all of the charcters in this series.
Tohr, I really felt for him in this book, I hated having to see him struggle while he tried to let Wellsie go and also come to terms with the relationship that was developing between him and Autumn. I really loved seeing how his character developed and how he changed throughout the book from being depressed at the start of the book to being happy and content with his life at the end.
Autumn. I really have come to love her throughout this book, I have to admit when I first started reading her charcter I didn't really like her but as the book progressed I have come to love her character like I do all of the others. I thought that she was very head-strong and did what she thought was right no matter what the consequences to herself and I also think that she is a great match for Tohr.

Overall I really did enjoy this book and I am so excited for the next book because it is going to be on one of my favourite characters (Qhuinn) so I will be pre-ordering that book very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment