Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa...

Series: The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten (Book #1)
Published: October 23rd 2012 by Harlequin Teen
Pages: 379
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:
Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

Review:

For me this book was a complete suprise. I knew it was going to be good because I loved reading "The Iron Fey" series and Julie Kagawa is an amazing author. But I was nervous to see what Ethan was going to be like in this book but I found that I really liked his character.

The plot. I loved being back in the Iron Fey world again and I loved the plot of this book from the very first page. I thought that the plot and charcter set up in the book was really good and how it went through things that had happened to Ethan previously. Another thing that I really liked about this book was how it was told from a male POV I thought that it was a nice change from constantly having a female perspective on everything. I thought that the book was really fast paced especilly when they were back in the Nevernever and having to try and find out what this new threat was. I loved seeing how Ethan and Kenzie's relationship developed throughout the story and I just found the book to be a really enjoyable read.

The characters. I loved Ethan's character. I thought that he was very strong minded and willed by seperating himself from the rest of the world just to make sure that nobody got hurt through him being able to see the fey. I loved how Ethan took Kali as a means to protect himself and others against the fey, I found it very interesting learning about the martial art and how it had also shaped his personality. I really liked seeing how his perspective changed throughout the book when he started to let Kenzie in and how by doing that it even changed his perspective on the fey.
I also loved Kenzie's character, I thought that she was a great match for Ethan. She was very strong willed herslef and she has had to go through some very tough things in her life. I loved how she was not afraid to take risks and to go after what she wanted or how she would do what needed to be done to protect the people she cared about.
The other characters that I loved were Keirann and Razor. I thought that Keirann was very strong willed and did what he needed to do to look after the people he cared about and for Razor I loved his charcter, he always had me laughing and made the book a lot more fun.

Overall I thought that this was a great start to the series and I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment