Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Mlynowski...

Series: -
Published: June 2012 by HarperCollins
Pages: 368
Rating: 2 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:
If given the opportunity, what sixteen-year-old wouldn't jump at the chance to move in with a friend and live parent-free? Although maybe "opportunity" isn't the right word, since April had to tell her dad a tiny little untruth to make it happen (see #1: "Lied to Our Parents"). But she and her housemate Vi are totally responsible and able to take care of themselves. How they ended up "Skipping School" (#3), "Buying a Hot Tub" (#4), and, um, "Harboring a Fugitive" (#7) is a mystery to them. To get through the year, April will have to juggle a love triangle, learn to do her own laundry, and accept that her carefully constructed world just might be falling apart . . . one thing-she-shouldn't-have-done at a time.

Review:

I had pretty high expectations fot this book. I was really looking foward to reading it after seeing rave reviews on it and everyone saying how great it was but for me it didn't hold up to my expectations.

The plot. I liked the idea of the plot, I thought that it looked cute and like a great book to read for summer so that's why I bought it. But this was a book that I couldn't finish, I got up to page 143 before I put it down. For me I didn't think that the plot was picking up and I gave it more of a chance then my normal rule of one hundred pages so I was a bit dissapointed in the plot of this book because I thought that the books idea showed promise, but for me I felt that it wasn't told in the best way.

The characters. I liked the charcters in this book I thought that the few that I read about were realistic.
April. I liked April's character, I thought that her reactions and feeling were very realitic for a girl going through her situation but there was something about her character that I couldn't really relate to and I think that might have been one of the reasons why I couldn't finish this book.
Vi, I really liked Vi's character she was really outgoing, adventurioud and fun and managed to bring April out of her shell a bit more.

Overall for me this book was a bit of a let down, I thought that the idea of the book had a lot of promise but just wasn't executed in a way that for me was attention grabbing enough, but I will update this review if I get around to finishing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment