Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally...

Series: Hundred Oaks (Book #1)
Published: December 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 281
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

ONE OF THE BOYS

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Greeen moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?
Review:

I didn't know what to expect when I opened this book, I had high expectations because I had seen great reviews on it and had read the synopsis and it looked like something I would like, but I hadn't read any of Miranda Kenneally's work before and I was pleasantly suprised.

The plot. I loved the plot of this book. I loved the twist of Jordan being the captain of her school's football team, I thought that it put a great spin on what was already a great storyline because she not only had to navigate her changing feelings for certain people but she also had to be strong and be a great leader even though she had problems she was dealing with. I thought that the pacing of this book was great I never wanted to put it down. I also really ejoyed the relationships in this book because they are so realistic! Both the relationships between Jordan and Ty and Jordan and Henry were really realistic and I thought that they progressed at a good pace.

The characters. I really enjoyed Jordan's character. I thought that she was a very realistic and relateable character as she had her own problems with her father as well as relationship problems with people at school and I thought that she was strong throughout everything she went through. I loved seeing how she progressed throughout the book and in the end made the decision that was right for her.
I also really ejoyed Henry's character. For the first part of the book I thought that he was halerious and a great friend for Jordan and even when things started to go bad in their relationship and he started to pull away I could see that he was only doing it because he didn't want to ruin his friendship with Jordan.

Oberall I thought that this was a great start to the series and I cannot wait to start reading the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment