Monday, May 6, 2013

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen...

Series: -
Published: May 10th, 2011 by Puffin Books
Pages: 402
Date Finished: April 30th, 2013
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Another town. Another school. Another Mclean. Ever since her parents' bitter divorce, Mclean and her father have been fleeing their unhappy past. And Mclean's become a pro at reinventing herself with each move. But in Lakeview, Mclean finds herself putting down roots and making friends—in part, thanks to Dave, the most real person Mclean's ever met. Dave just may be falling in love with her, but can he see the person she really is? Does Mclean herself know?

Review:

I had really high expectations when I went into this book after seeing all of the rave reviews and just from my experience from reading about ninety percent of all of Sarah Dessen's books, and I am glad to say that this book did not let me down.

The plot. I really enjoyed the plot of this book. I will admit I did think that it was pretty slow to start but about a third of the way through it really picked up and in the end I found that it was a very enjoyable and easy read. I thought that the pacing of the book was great and that there was always something interesting going on whether it was to do with the model of the town or Mclean thinking about her past. I also loved seeing how Mclean and Dave's relationship grew and how Mclean finally decided to let someone into her life. I loved the ending also, sure it was an obvious ending but I still thought that it was the ending that was right for the book.

The characters. I really enjoyed all the characters in this book, sure I was extremely confused when it came to all of the friends characters even when I was at the end of the book. But in saying that I still thought that all of the characters were written extremely well and were all individual and interesting in their own way.
Mclean. I really enjoyed Mclean's character. I thought that she was very relatable and a really great character to have the perspective of the book told from. I loved seeing how she grew throughout the book and started to really feel a connection to the town and the people in it and I think that has a lot to do with her growing relationship with Dave.
Dave. I also really enjoyed his character. From the moment he came into the book I knew he was going to be a character I would like, I thought that he was, funny, witty, caring and just an overall great person. I loved seeing how quirky he was that really enhanced him as a person and he really embraced all of his quirks and didn't hide because of them which was great to see.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I am a little sad that it's only a stand alone book because I would have loved to see what became of Mclean in the future. But overall I thought that this was a very enjoyable book and one that I would tell everyone to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment