Sunday, May 5, 2013

Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout...

Series: Covenant (Book #4)
Published: April 4th 2013 by Spencer Hill Press
Pages: 345
Date Finished: April 23rd, 2013
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.


Review:

This book has left me speechless. I had sky high expectations going into this book after reading and loving both Deity and Elixir and I was really excited to see what would happen next for Alex, and I am glad to day Jennifer L. Armentrout did not disappoint.

The plot. I loved the plot of this book. Sure, I thought that it was a little bit slow about three quarters of the way through but a apart from that I thought that the plot was very action packed and there were so many unexpected plot twists and things that took me completely by surprise. There were times that I was laughing out loud and also screaming at this book because of the things that were happening. I loved seeing the relationship between Alex and Aiden grow and how their relationship changed into something deeper and how they helped each other through the memories of what happened when Alex was not herself and also face and overcome the challenges for both of them in this book. I completely loved the cliff hanger ending, it gave nothing away about what would happen in the next book and has left me NEEDING to get my hands on the fifth book as soon as I can.

The characters. I love all of the characters within this book and I feel more attached to each of the characters with each book I read.
Alex. I really enjoyed her character in this book. I loved seeing her grow within this book and seeing her overcome the massive things that she had to go through within the book and coming out of all of those challenges for the better. I thought that she matured a lot in this book which was nice to see. Sure, I love the immature Alex also, but I loved seeing the more mature and rational Alex.
Aiden. I also love his character in this book. I really felt for him in this book, especially after reading what he went through in Elixir and seeing how he felt when he saw Alex in the state she was in when she was connected to Seth. I loved seeing how even when Alex was at her worst he still never gave up on her and always believed that she would be able to overcome whatever was put in her way. I thought that Aiden also became a lot stronger in this book and had to take a bigger leadership role within his group and make a lot more hard decisions, and I think he handled it very well.

Overall I am completely in love with this book and I thought that it was a perfect edition to the series. I thought that the book ended on a perfect cliff hanger and I will be pre-ordering the next book as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment