Monday, May 6, 2013

Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover...

Series: Slammed (Book #2)
Published: February 14th 2013 by Simon & Schuster UK
Pages: 320
Date Finished: May 4th, 2013
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 15+ (Due to mature themes)

Synopsis:

Layken and Will have managed to overcome the obstacles that threatened to destroy their love, proving that they are destined for one another. What they are about to learn, however, is that the things that have brought them together may be the very things that ruin their connection forever…
Layken is left second-guessing the relationship whilst Will is jumping over hurdles to prove his love for her. What the young lovers discover about themselves along this journey may change their entire world and the lives of those who depend upon them the most...


Review:

I had to admit I was a little afraid to start reading "Point of Retreat" purely for the reason that I loved "Slammed" so much, but this book did not disappoint.

The plot. I LOVED the plot of this book! I really enjoyed having the story told from Will's POV because I was always wondering throughout "Slammed" what was going through his head. But now that I have been in Will's head I don't really ever want to leave. I found just like "Slammed" that this book was an emotional roller-coaster from the first page and to be honest I loved every minute of it this book had me laughing out loud, screaming at it and almost crying at points. I really felt for both Will and Layken when they were having relationship trouble and then I really felt for Will when the major event happened about two thirds of the way through. I thought that this book was paced very well and written beautifully, I loved the verse at the start of each chapter and also how the poetry and journal entries went throughout the book. I managed to finish this book in a couple of hours, I couldn't put it down.

The characters. I thought that all of the characters were written extremely well, I loved being able to get more familiar with old characters and getting to know the new ones that popped up throughout the book.
Will. This book has made me love Will even more if that was possible! I loved being able to see all the thoughts he had throughout the book and really I just enjoyed being inside the head of a writer. I loved seeing just how intense his love for Layken is. I loved seeing just how vulnerable Will actually is in this book and being able to see that other side of him. I really felt for him when he was having relationship troubles with Layken and then again when the incident happened. This book also showed just how far Will will go for the people he cares about, which I think just makes him an amazing character.
Layken. I really enjoyed Layken's character in this book also. I really felt for her in this book and everything that happened to her. I could see her struggle throughout the book as she was trying to figure out what was the best solution for her when it came to Will and her relationship. I think that she also handled what happened to her extremely well and it just showed how much of a strong willed person she is.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I will be going to pre-order the next book in about the next minute, I need to het my hands on the next book ASAP. I thought that this was a great second instalment to the series and I loved that it was told from Will's POV.

No comments:

Post a Comment