Sunday, November 20, 2011

Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen...

Series: -
Published: May 11th 2004 by Speak
Pages: 281
Rating: 4 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Halley has always followed in the wake of her best friend, Scarlett. But when Scarlett learns that her boyfriend has been killed in a motorcycle accident, and that she's carrying his baby, she's devastated. For the first time ever, Scarlett really needs Halley. Their friendship may bend under the weight, but it'll never break--because a true friendship is a promise you keep forever.

Review:

I don't really know how I feel about this book, I had pretty high expectations going into reading this book because I had heard really great things about it but it ended up not really living up to the expectations that I had for it.

The plot. I thought that the plot was really good, predictable but still really good. It was maybe a little bit slow in parts but it did keep my attention the whole way through and most of the time had me turning the next page to see what was going to happen next.

What I really loved about this book though was the characters! I thought that they wer all written really well and they all seemed really believeable and realistic, really I can't even pick a favourite character. I thought that Halley's character was amazing! She seems like she would be a great best friend to have because she's so supportive and pretty much just an all-round good person. Scarlett's character I also loved, she seems like she would be a really fun person to be around. And I found myself really likeing Cameron's character, I thought that he was so supportive of Scarlett and was really there for her when she needed him.

Overall I thought that this book was pretty great and a really great book for summer. I am really glad I picked it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment