Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han...

Series: Summer (Book #2)
Published: April 27th 2010 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Pages: 288
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -
 
Synopsis:
 
Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach? It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.
But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.

Review:

I had really high expectations for this book after just finishing "The Summer I Turned Pretty" which I completly fell in love with, I am glad to say that this book did stack-up to those high expectations.

The plot. The one thing that really stood out to me with the plot of this book was that we got to see Jeremiah's point-of-view a few times throughout the book which I loved I thought that it was refreahing to get another characters perspective throughout the book and I really liked that. Overall my thoughts on the plot are pretty much the same as the previous book, I thought that the plot was really interesting and it kept me having to turn the page to see what was going to happen next and I also thought that there was a lot more tension in this book that really enhanced the story even more.

The characters. I found myself not likeing the charatcers as much in this book. I found that I still loved Jeremiah's character he still made me laugh thoughout the book and just made the book fun to read, but I found myself really having problems with Belly and Conrad's characters. I couldn't get over Belly's obsession for Conrad, it really started to get on my nerves at times but I'm hoping that it might change in the last book. Conrad's character really annoyed me pretty much the whole way through this book I just thought that he was really rude.

Overall I thought that this book was really good, the story kept making me turn the page to see what was going to happen next and I thought that it was a great edition to the series and I am definitley going to be picking up the next book straight sfter this is posted, I have to see how this great series ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment