Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Reckless by S.C. Stephens...

Series: Thoughtless (Book #3)
Published: April 25th 2013 by Simon & Schuster UK
Pages: 532
Date Finished: May 27th, 2013
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 16+ (Due to mature themes)

Synopsis:

Can love survive when life gets Reckless?

When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other survive the constant pressures of superstardom? The friendships they've formed, the new family they've found, and the history they've forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turbulent waters of the band's exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success, a declining pop star looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remain together. Fame comes with a price-but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everything?


Review:

I. Am. Speechless. I had extremely high expectations going into this book after reading and loving the first two in the trilogy and I was really interested to see what challenges Kellan and Kiera would be face with in this book, and it didn't disappoint.

The plot. I completely fell in love with the plot of this book. I loved being able to have a behind the scenes look into what it takes to be both a writer and a musician and really just how annoying record labels can be. I also really enjoyed seeing how Kellan and Kiera's relationship grew throughout all the things that they went through in all three books and how they finally got the life that they each deserved and seeing how happy they were with each other. But most of all I loved the epilogue of this book, I really enjoyed seeing how S.C. Stephens finished Kellan and Kiera's story and I thought that it was a great way to tie up all of the loose ends in the series and I thought that it was perfect.

The characters. I thought that all of the characters were written extremely well in this book and I feel really attached to them all.
Kiera. I really enjoyed her character in this book and I loved seeing how she came more into her own especially when it came to Kellan and her relationship as she finally realized that she had nothing to worry about with him and that he was always faithful to her. I also loved seeing how she became more confident through her writing and how she finally wrote the story of her, Kellan and Denny which I knew was hard for her but I think that they had all moved on enough and it was time for her to write it.
Kellan. I really loved Kellan's character in this book as well as the whole series. though he did make a few mistakes in this book he did those to protect Kiera and to respect her wishes. But in the end everything worked out for the best and I was so happy to see all the success that the band was having by the end of the book and just how content Kellan was with his life with Kiera and his family.

Overall I thought that this was a great book to end the series on (even though I wish that their were a lot more books to come) and I thought that it finished the series very well in that there were no unanswered questions. This is a series that I would recommend to anyone and one that I will be reading again very soon as the characters and storyline was amazing and it is a series that you will stay with you long after you have finished it. It will make you laugh, it will make you cry and ultimately you will fall in love with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment