Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Effortless by S.C. Stephens...

Series: Thoughtless (Book #2)
Published: November 22nd 2012 by Simon & Schuster UK
Pages: 496
Date Finished: May 24th, 2013
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 16+ (Due to mature themes)

Synopsis:

After being caught in the middle of a love triangle which led to a devastating betrayal, Kiera pledged to learn from the mistakes she’d made. She was determined to never again inflict that kind of pain on anyone, especially the soulful, talented man who held her heart. But life offers new challenges for every relationship, and when Kiera’s love is put to the ultimate test, will it survive? Love is easy . . . trust is hard.

Review:

I had really high expectations going into this book after reading and loving "Thoughtless" and this completely lived up to my expectations, I loved it!

The plot. I really enjoyed the plot of this book, it was an emotional roller-coaster from the first page but I loved every minute of it. I thought that it was a really well thought out book and I loved that Kellan and Kiera's relationship was what a real relationship is like and how it had it ups and downs and I think if S.C. Stephens had sugar coated their relationship (like a lot of authors do) this book wouldn't have been half as good. I thought that the book flowed extremely well and it was a complete page turner and had me up to the early hours because I had to see what happened next for Kellan and Kiera and I thought even though the ending was extremely cliché and predictable, it matched the book really well and I was happy to see that after all the hard times that they went through they had a happy ending in this book.

The charcters. With each book in this series that I read I become more invested in these characters and find myself loving them even more, even the side characters I think are written extremely well and have become some of my favourite characters.
Kiera. I thought that she was great in this book and I really enjoyed reading the book from her perspective. I thought that she was a really relatable and strong character and I loved seeing how she grew throughout the book. I really felt for her in her situation and how she felt doubt with Kellan and their relationship and though she made a few wrong decisions throughout the book I was glad to see that in the end everything worked out for her.
Kellan. I also really enjoyed his character in this book, like Kiera I really felt for him and the situation that they were both in. I also really felt for him as he came to terms with what he found out while he was on tour and I loved seeing just how he grew throughout the book and how maturely he handled the situation at the end of the book.
Denny. I found myself really liking Denny in this book. Even after everything that Kiera and Kellan had put him through he was still there for them and ready to support them which I think says a lot about who he is as a person and I was really happy to see that he had found someone that made him happy after what happened with Kiera.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and this is a series that I would recommend to anyone and I cannot wait to start reading the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment