Saturday, April 13, 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire...

Series: Beautiful (Book #2)
Published: April 2nd 2013 by Atria Books
Pages: 433
Date Finished: April 14th, 2013
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 16+ (Due mature content)

Synopsis:

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.


Review:

This would have to be the best book that I have had the pleasure of reading this year so far, it was a completely perfect book for me.

The plot. When I first heard that this book was going to be from Travis's POV my expectations for this book went through the roof, I loved his character in "Beautiful Disaster" and I couldn't wait to finally be able to get inside his head and to finally see the emotion that I saw in "Beautiful Disaster" being played out within his head. I loved having the story of "Beautiful Disaster" played out from Travis's POV and being able to see parts of the story that we didn't get to see in "Beautiful Disaster" because Abby wasn't around as well as seeing a lot more into Travis's home life which gave me a much better insight into why Travis is the way he is. But one of the best parts for me would have to have been the epilogue, I loved seeing into Abby and Travis's future, seeing that they had both made something of themselves and were both very happy in the life that they had made together and I thought that it was a perfect ending to the book.

The characters. I loved all of the characters in the book and also being able to see them in the way that Travis thought of them, I thought that it was very interesting seeing the difference in what both Abby and Travis thought of the same character.
Travis. I couldn't find a fault with his character in this book, sure he made some mistakes but for me since it was being told from his POV he MADE the book for me. I loved seeing how much of an emotional character he was and seeing the vulnerability that I didn't get to see in "Beautiful Disaster" I also loved seeing the back story into Abby's nickname at the start of the book though I also found that to be quite heart-breaking also and how that event helped shape him into the man he was when he was with Abby. I loved seeing his transformation throughout the book up close and from his POV when he started having a relationship with Abby and how she changed him for the better. This book really just made me love his character even more than I already did after reading "Beautiful Disaster".
Abby. I also really enjoyed her character in this book and seeing her through Travis's eyes. I loved seeing just how entertaining Abby was to Travis and how she ended up changing him for the better. I thought that she was a great match for Travis and really helped him to become the person that I saw in reading the epilogue.
America and Sheply. I love them both even more after reading both of the books in the series because I now know them both equally as well. I loved seeing how their relationship played out in situations that I didn't get to see in "Beautiful Disaster" and this book made me love Sheply's character even more, I thought that he was funny, witty and a great person.

Overall this a book that I thoroughly enjoyed and one that I will be reading over again alongside "Beautiful Disaster" very soon this was an amazing second book in an amazing series and is one that I would recommend to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment