Sunday, October 21, 2012

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout...

Series: Lux (Book #2)
Published: August 14th 2012 by Entangled Teen
Pages: 366
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Review:

This series has just put Jennifer L. Armentrout into a very close second place behind Richelle Mead in my top favourite authors, which from me is something big. I had really high expectations when I startes reading this book because I had loved Obsidian, but this book completely surpassed my expectations.

The plot. All I can say is WOW, what a rollercoster ride, the plot was so fast paced with so many twists and turns this would have been finished within a couple of hours if it hadn't been for having to finish assignments and helping my mum buy a new laptop. But really this book was just a complete joy to read, the pacing was great, there were so many twists and turns in the book, the characters were realistic and the relationships were so realistic in how they developed. Really it was just a great book.

The characters. I LOVED the characters, I feel a lot more connected to the characters after reading this book. I really loved Katy's character, I loved that in this book I got to see a bit more of her vulnerable side and also how her and Daemon's relationship developed throughout the book. I really felt for her in the choices she made, she really felt like she was doing what was best for everyone and I have to admire her for that.
Ahhh Daemon... I have seriously fallen in love with him after reading this book. I saw a HUGE change in his character while reading this book, he really started to let his emotions show and it just made him a really likeable guy and I loved seeing how his relationship changed with Katy through the course of the book and how he started to let his guard down... I am really looking foward to see what happens with their relationship in the next book.

Overall I have completely loved reading this book. This series has defineitly become one of my favourite series and it will be one that I read over and over for years to come, I really don't think I could tire of reading this series. And I cannot wait to see what's in store for Katy, Dee and Daemon in Opal, I'm so glad mines already on pre-order.

No comments:

Post a Comment