Friday, October 19, 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout...

Series: Lux (Book #1)
Published: May 8th 2012 by Entangled Teen
Pages: 361
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.


Review:

I completely fell in love with this book! I read it in one sitting because it was so engrossing and I just couldn't bring myself to put it down and do the assignments that were sitting on my desk undone.

The plot. To be honest when I first opened this book I had no idea what to expect because throughout my four years of reading I have never read an alien book so I was excited. I knew that it was going to be good because I had already read the "Covanent" series also by Jennifer L. Armentrout which I completely adore and this book was much of the same. I thought that the set up of the story was great, I could easily picture the characters and see what was going on in my head. I loved the storyline, it was like nothing I had ever read before and there were so many twists and turn in the plot that I had to keep turning the page to see what happened next.

The charcters. I loved the characters, they were all written really well and they all had really distinct personalities. I loved Katy's character, I loved having the story told from her POV because she was just so relateable and nice, I thought that she was a really strong character and I liked that she stood up for herself.
I also really liked Dee's character, she made the book such a joy for me to read, her bubbly personality was infectious.
And last but definitely not least Daemon... Okay so I really didn't like him at the start of the book, he just seemed way too full of himself and just really didn't like him. But as the book progressed I did find myself likeing him a lot more because I could see the internal struggle that he was going through. I liked seeing how he changed throughout the book as he started to spend more time with Katy, though he did still have some unlikeable moments.

Overall I thought that this was a great start to the series, I am so glad that I bought the second book and pre-ordered the third when I bought this book because I can tell that this is a series that I am going to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment