Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire...

Series: Beautiful (Book #1)
Published: August 14th 2012 by Simon & Schuster UK
Pages: 432
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 16+ (Due to mature content and violence)

Synopsis:

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.


Review:

Words cannot describe my emotions right now... Which does sound a bit dramatic but it is non the less true. After finishing this book I am finding it hard to collect my thoughts enough to write this review but I thought I would give it a try anyway and see how it goes.

The plot. I have one word, LOVED! My friend recommended this to me a little over a year ago and I never picked it up, but when I was buying some books online I remembered she had reccomended it to me, I have to admit when I read up about it I was a bit skeptical because at the top of the synopsis it said if you were a fan of "50 Shades Of Grey" then I would like the book. Now I have never read 50 Shades and have no desire to, so I was really hoping that that reccomendation was wrong. Luckily I don't think this book was anything like "50 Shades Of Grey" not that I can really compare because I haven't read, it but going off of what I have heard about it. I really did love the plot of this book I thought that it was amazing, I thought the pacing was great the relationship between Abby and Travis was pretty realistic in the way that their feelings for each other developed throughout the book. I thought that the storyline was great aswell, yes it was the typical good girl falls in love with a bad boy but in this book and how everything was written I thought it worked. The ending I have to admit was pretty cheesy but I still couldn't stop reading.

The charcters. I loved the characters! I thought that they were all really realistic though I had a bit of trouble at the start desiphering who was who, but as I started to read it seemed to click pretty quickly. I loved Abby's character. I really liked that the book was told from her POV because I got to see how the relationship she had with Travis made her feel and see how her character changed throughout the book and I just thought that her character was really enjoyable to read.
I also really liked Travis ofcourse. Yes he was over protective but in a way I couldn't really fault it because he just wanted to make sure that Abby was safe. I loved seeing how his character developed throughout the course of the book and seeing him let his guard down around Abby. I also loved being able to see his pain when things wern't going so well for their relationship in the book, I liked that he showed how he was feeling to Abby and I thought it was portrayed very well in the story by Jamie McGuire.
And last but definitely not least America and Shepley. I loved them! I think if this book was without them I wouldn't have liked the story half as much. They had witty remarks throughout the book which made me laugh and also they were both really great friends to Abby and Travis.

Overall I loved this book and I think it has become one of my favourites and one that I will be reading for years to come. I was so glad to find out that it was the first in a series so I cannot wait for the second books release sometime next year, I will definitely be pre-ordering it, I would definitley reccomend this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment