Thursday, June 14, 2012

Stunning by Sara Shepard...

Series: Pretty Little Liars (Book #11)
Published: June 5th 2012 by HarperTeen
Pages: 304
Rating: 2 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Full of darker secrets, juicier scandals, and deadlier plot twists, the latest arc of the #1 New York Times bestselling series continues to deliver fast-paced, tension-ridden drama.

After Alison DiLaurentis tried to kill them, Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna tried to get their lives back on track. But these girls just can’t stay out of trouble. First there was their disastrous trip to Jamaica, and their summer breaks were no less eventful. Now a new A is stalking them, taunting them with the very secrets these pretty little liars have been trying to forget. But this A doesn’t just want to blackmail the girls—this A is out for blood.

Sara Shepard’s fan base only gets bigger as the hit ABC Family Pretty Little Liars TV show continues to draw new readers to the bestselling series. Everyone will be dying to find out what A does next....


Review:

So I have to admit I had extremely low expectations when I started reading this book in the series because I really didn't like the previous book and I am sad to say that even with those extremely low expectaions this book was only alright.

The plot. I thought that the plot in this book was very under-whelming and really nothing great. There was no big suspensful parts in the book and there wern't many suprising plot twists which I had come to expect when reading the "Pretty Little Liars" series (atleast up to book seven). But the writing did flow pretty well throughout the book so it did make the story a little easier and more enjoyable to read.

The characters. I really don't have much to say about the characters, I thought that there was no real character devlopment in the book it just felt like an extention of the last book where I felt that most of the characters fell flat for me, they didn't seem to have any real relateable personality like they seemed to have when I first started reading the series, which I think is a real shame because I really liked the girls when I first started to read the series.

Overall I thought that this book was a complete let-down and I didn't think that the plot or the characters were really that memorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment