Monday, June 11, 2012

Beastly by Alex Flinn...

Series: The Kendra Chronicles (Book #1)
Published: September 23rd 2008 by Harper Teen
Pages: 300
Rating: 1 star
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

I am a beast. A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog, but a horrible new creature who walks upright – a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.

You think I’m talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It’s no deformity, no disease. And I’ll stay this way forever – ruined – unless I can break the spell.

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I’ll tell you. I’ll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and a perfect life. And then, I’ll tell you how I became perfectly beastly.


Review:

I was really looking foward to reading this book because I loved the movie (originally I had planned on reading the book before watching the movie but I never got around to buying it)but sadly I only got to page 101 and then I had to put it down. So this will only be a review on the 101 pages that I read and if I do pick it up later I will update the review.

The plot. To be honest I really didn't like the plot, I thought that it was slow and dragged a lot throughout the part of the book that I read and nothing really happened (and I do think that in reading a third of the story it should have already started to pick up a bit) and overall just didn't really hold my interest.

The characters. I really didn't like the characters either, I thought that they were all written in a way that I didn't feel connected to them and they all just seemed very one-dimentional and unrelateable.

Overall I was really let down by this book and I think this will be the first and last fairy-tale retelling that I read, unless I do pick it up again and it's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment