Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Golden Lily by RIchelle Mead...

Series: Bloodlines (Book #2)
Published: June 12th 2012 by Razorbill
Pages: 418
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

The second thrilling installment in Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy spinoff series

Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students--children of the wealthy and powerful--carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie, and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Richelle Mead's breathtaking Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive. In this second book, the drama is hotter, the romances are steamier, and the stakes are even higher.


Review:

I had really high expectations when I started reading this book because with the now eighteen books that Richelle Mead has written and with me having read and loved all of them I know to expect an epic story when it comes to her books. So needless to say I had EXTREMELY high expectations for this book and even then, my expectations were still surpassed.

The plot. I really enjoyed the plot, I thought that the story flowed very well, the writing was very descriptive, I seemed to get lost in the story and before I knew it another 100 pages had gone and even though it wasn't as action-packed as I would have liked there was still a great fight scene towards the end. There were a lot of twists in this book that I didn't see coming which I really liked because I was kept guessing the whole way through which really made me want to see how the story ended. The ending I LOVED, though it wasn't a Richelle Mead traditional cliff-hanger, there was just something so open ended about the ending (and I mean in a good way not in the annoying "what happened to the ending of the book?!" way)that for me had just the same if not a better affect then a cliff hanger would have had.

The characters. I loved the characters in this book because I felt I got to know them a lot better and it really refreshed my memory on the characters without reading about them for almost a year. I really loved Sydney's character I thought that she was a really strong, relateable character and also I think that she was probably the best character in this series to have her POV told. I also really loved Adrian's character, he had me laughing the whole way through this book and made reading this book that much more enjoyable. I also really loved seeing how Sydney and Adrain's relationship developed over the course of the book. I also really loved having Dimitri back in the series, though I would have liked to have seen more of him in the book, it just made me remember all the reasons that I loved his character so much in "Vampire Academy".

Overall I LOVED this book and I thought that it was a great second book in the series, the characters were great, the plot was amazing and everything was just perfect, and now I just need to somehow get my hands on an ARC of the third book because I CANNOT wait until the third book is released!

No comments:

Post a Comment