Saturday, June 16, 2012

Frostbite: The Graphic Novel by Richelle Mead, illistrated by Emma Vieceli...

Series: Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel (Book #2)
Published: May 24th 2012 by Razorbill
Pages: 144
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

The drama and romance continue in this 144-page full-color graphic novel adaptation of the second Vampire Academy novel, Frostbite, which was overseen by Richelle Mead and features beautiful art by acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli.

Review:

I was really excited when I finally got my hands on my copy of this, because I had really enjoyed the first graphic novel in the series and I wanted to see how good of an adaptation this graphic novel would be.

Novel to graphic novel adaptation. I thought that this was a really great adaptation of the book. I thought that they hadn't really left out any of the important parts of the book and it seemed to flow very well, the only down-side to the graphic novel was that I think that you would have to be familiar with the story of "Frostbite" for it to make sense because it did seem to jump quite a lot throughout the story and I found myself flipping back pages just to check that I hadn't missed anything.

the art. I thought that the artwork was amazing! I thought that Emma Vieceli did a really great job at portraying what was happening at that point in the book and also showing the emotion of the characters in the situation that they were in.

Overall I thought that this was a great graphic novel, though keeping in mind that I am no expert (this is the third graphic novel that I have read) but I really enjoyed reading it and I am so excited for the "Shadow Kiss" graphic novel to be released!

No comments:

Post a Comment