Saturday, January 14, 2012

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling...

Series: Harry Potter (Book #3)
Published: October 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks 
Pages: 435
Rating: 4 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

For twelve long years, the dread fortress of Azkaban held an infamous prisoner named Sirius Black. Convicted of killing thirteen people with a single curse, he was said to be the heir apparent to the Dark Lord, Voldemort.

Now he has escaped, leaving only two clues as to where he might be headed: Harry Potter's defeat of You-Know-Who was Black's downfall as well; and the Azkaban guards heard Black muttering in his sleep, "He's at Hogwarts . . . he's at Hogwarts."

Harry Potter isn't safe, not even within the walls of his magical school, surrounded by his friends. Because on top of it all, there may well be a traitor in their midst.


Review:

I really enjoyed reading this book, I thought that this was definitely the strongest books out of the three I have read, I thought that the characters were developed a lot more and overall I just found this book a whole lot more interesting and enjoyable to read.

The plot. I thought that the plot in this was really interesting. I thought that it was really fast paced and I think if I hadn't already seen the movie it would have kept me guessing the whole way through and I weould have found a lot of things that I wouldn't have seen coming. But sadly, I have already seen the movie so I wasn't all that suprised by the plot though there were a few differences and parts of the plot were explained a lot more which I found explained a lot of parts in the movie that I didn't understand. Overall I thought that the plot was great, I judt wished I got to the book before I watched the movie!

The characters. I loved how we got to see the existing charatcers grow throughout this book and also how we got introduced to new characters. I still have problems with Harry's character even after reading the third book, there is just something about his character that I really can't relate to and I just find to annoy me. I found Hermione's character was a lot better in this better in this book because she started to go along with Harry and Ron in breaking the rules which I liked. As always I still love Ron's character, he's always made me laugh throughout the books and this book was no exception. Now onto the new characters. I really liked Professor Lupin's character I thought that he was written brilliantly and we really got to see what his character was like, I loved his character the whole way through the book and he was a character that really made me enjoy this book a lot more. I also loved Sirus Black's character, I love how throughout most of the book he's portrayed as this mad villan, then we get to see what he's really like.

Overall I really enjoyed this book, it has definitely got to be my favourite book of the three I have read so far and I can't wait to start reading the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment