Monday, January 16, 2012

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma...

Series: -
Published: May 27th 2010 by Definitions
Pages: 336
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 16+ (due to course language and graphic content)

Synopsis:

She is pretty and talented - sweet sixteen and never been kissed. He is seventeen; gorgeous and on the brink of a bright future. And now they have fallen in love. But... they are brother and sister.

Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.


Review:

I had my doubts if I would like this book or not when I picked it up, just because of the subject that this book is on. But the reasons I did decide to finally pick it up was because of the rave reveiws I had seen on it and also because it has been recommended to me mulitpul times by poeple who have the same taste in book as I do, and everyone was right, this book is SERIOUSLY good.

The plot. I thought that the plot was slow to start but then about half way through the stroy really seemed to pick up and I found myself up to three in the morning not being able to stop reading it! I found myself really feeling for all of the characters about thier home situation and seeing what they had to do to survive and stay together, and then came the ending. For me this would have had to have been the highlight of the book, there was something about this ending that seemed to make me feel physically sick and kind of depressed for the night, which in a way may sound strange that I think this is a good thing about a book but I think that it shows just how great of a writer Tabitha Suzuma is in the way that she can really get her point across in her writting and really make you feel what she wants you to feel. I also loved the use of dual point-of-view between Lochan and Maya, and how that let us see how the other person was thinking and feeling at that same moment.

The characters. I loved the characters in this book, I thought that they were all written really well I found them all to be really relateable and believeable characters and that they all really had a personaloty and not everyone just being flat like you see in so many books. The main stand out character for me was Lochan, throughout this book he was the one that I really felt I got to see the most emotion out of and I came to really love amd feel for his character throughout the book.

Overall I thought this this book was AMAZING and I would recommend it to almost anyone to read, this book really left me at a loss for words when I was done and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. This is a book that will have you up all hours of the night until you have it finished and really it was just an amazing book.

No comments:

Post a Comment