Monday, January 30, 2012

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles...

Series: Perfect Chemistry (Book #3)
Published: August 16th 2011 by Walker Books for Young Readers
Pages: 308
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Luis Fuentes has always been sheltered from the gang violence that nearly destroyed his brothers’ lives. But that didn’t stop him from taking risks—whether he’s scaling a mountain in the Rockies or dreaming of a future as an astronaut, Luis can’t stop looking for the next thrill.

Nikki Cruz lives her life by three rules—boys lie to get their way, don’t trust a boy who says “I love you,” and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Her parents may be from Mexico, but as a doctor’s daughter, she has more in common with her north-side neighbors than the Latino Blood at her school. Then she meets Luis at Alex’s wedding, and suddenly, she’s tempted to break all her rules.

Getting Nikki to take a chance on a southsider is Luis’s biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by Chuy Soto, the new head of the Latino Blood. When Chuy reveals a disturbing secret about Luis’s family, the youngest Fuentes finds himself questioning everything he’s ever believed to be true. Will his feelings for Nikki be enough to stop Luis from entering a dark and violent world and permanently living on the edge?


Review:

I was really excited when I finally got this in the mail after having to have it re-prdered because it got lost in the mail. I had really high expectations for this book because the first two books in the series I completely loved! For me this book didn't really live up to my high expectations but it was still a really enjoyable and amazing book.

The plot. For me it took me about a quarter of the book to really be hooked, but when I did I couldn't put it down. I really loved the plot of this book and the other two books in the series I loved the use of dual narration between Nikki and Luis and how I got to see exactly what they both were thinking and feeling at the same exact time. I also loved the suspense that I felt when Luis went to do jobs for the LB and started to solve the mystery. I also thought that the ending of the book was great and I thought that it was the perfect way to end the series.

The characters. I loved the characters in this book and I thought that they were all written really well. I loved the characters of Nikki and Luis I thought that I really got a good sense of their emotion towards each other and how they really loved each other. I also thought that all of the side characters were written really well aswell and I felt that they were written just aswell as the main charcters, which in so many books is not the case.

Overall I thought that this book was amazing and a perfect end to the series. This would have to be one of my favourite series that I would recommend to anyone and that I will be re-reading for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment