Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets by J.K. Rowling...

Series: Harry Potter (Book #2)
Published: September 1st 2000 by Scholastic Paperbacks 
Pages: 341
Rating: 4 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

The Dursleys were so mean and hideous that summer that all Harry Potter wanted was to get back to the Hogwarts Schools of Witchcraft and Wizardry. But just as he's packing his bags, Harry receives a warning from a strange, impish creature named Dobby who says that if Harry Potter returns to Hogwarts, disaster will strike.

And strike it does. For in Harry's second year at Hogwarts, fresh torments and horrors arise, including an outrageously stuck-up new professor, Gilderoy Lockhart; a spirit named Moaning Myrtle who haunts the girls' bathroom; and the unwanted attention of Ron Weasley's younger sister, Ginny.

But each of these seem minor annoyances when the real trouble begins, and someone—or something—starts turning Hogwarts students to stone. Could it be Draco Malfoy, a more poisonous rival than ever? Could it possibly be Hagrid, whose mysterious past is finally told? Or could it be the one everyone at Hogwarts most suspects . . . Harry Potter himself?


Review:

I had pretty high expectation for this book because I had really enjoyed the first Harry Potter book and I was really excited about seeing how the characters developed in this book, and I found that I really did enjoy reading this book, though I did find it quite hard to get into reading at first.

The plot. Overall I found myself really likeing the plot, though at times I did find that it dragged a bit, but for the most part I found that the plot was pretty fast-paced and interesting. There were parts that had a lot of susupense and made me keep on reading because I had to know what was going to happen next. Another thing that has amazed me with reading this book is the complete imagination that has gone into the books with the spells, plots and even the characters which makes me see how these books can be so popular with everyone around the world.

The characters. For the most part I loved the characters I found Harry still annoyed me a bit with ordering his friends arouns but it seemed to happen a little less in this book. I still found myself loving Ron and the Weasley twins the three of them never fail to make me laugh and end up making the books so much more enjoyable to read, I'm also starting to like Hermione's character more with each book she seems to be becoming more of a relateable character for me as she starts to break the rules more. But one character that I really disliked while reading this book was Professor Lockheart, I thought that he was arragant, a know-it-all and generally just really annoying he seemed to do more to get on my nerves each time he popped up in this book, here hoping that he doesn't make too many appearances in the books to come or if he does he has changed a lot.

Overall I really enjoyed reading this book and I thought that it was a great second book s to the series and I am really looking foward to reading the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment