Thursday, December 1, 2011

Rules Of Attraction by Simone Elkeles...

Series: Perfect Chemistry (Book #2)
Published: January 6th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Pages: 326
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

Review:

I completley loved this book! I had really high expecations when I began to read this book just because of how much I loved "Perfect Chemistry" and it definitley did live up to my very high expectations.

The plot. I thought that the plot followed pretty much the same plot that "Perfect Chemistry" did (with a few differences ofcourse) but I really didn't mind that because I loved the plot of the previous book so it didn't really bother me at all because since it was based on Carlos and Kiara it changed the feel of the book completely. I loved that there was quite a lot of action in this book but also romance. Another thing that I really love about these books is how in the epilogue we get to see their life twenty-six years later.

The characters. I really loved the characters in this book, I feel that Simone Elkeles really has a talent for writting characters, they are all written so realistically. I loved the charcter of Carlos and how we got to see what he was like a little but older and how his character changed in the years between when the two books were set. I also loved how we got te see his character develop in this book and how we saw him put his gaurd down. I also loved that character of Kiara. I know that some people would find her annoying but I thought that her character was really relatable and I loved seeing how she got stronger throughout the book and really just grew as a person. And Tuck, I loved his charatcer so much! He made this book so much more funny for me, I think that if he wasn't in this book I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as I did.

Overall I completley love this book and this series and now I am impatiently waiting for the next book to arrive which won't be here for the next couple of weeks! Because I really can't to see how this series ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment