Monday, December 26, 2011

Lola And The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins...

Series: -
Published: September 29th 2011 by Dutton
Pages: 338
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:

Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood.

When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


Review:

I had really high expectation for this book when I started reading it because I had read Anna And The French Kiss a short while before and feel in love with that book and I had also seen reviews of people saying that they loved it even more than "Anna And The French Kiss" so I was really hoping that it lived up to all the hype, and it certainly did.

The plot. I loved it! To me it seemed to be similar to "Anna And The French Kiss" with a few differences but for me that really didn’t matter because I thought that it worked for both books. I really love Stephanie Perkins’ writing and how she writes in such a way that you really feel like you are standing next to Lola through every part of the book because her writing is so descriptive and really draws you into the story. Another thing that I really loved about this book was the romance, throughout the book I loved how we got to see Lola and Cricket’s relationship progress and change throughout the course of the book and even though most people will say that the end of the book was cheesy, I thought that it was the perfect way to end the book.

The characters. I really loved all the characters in this book, I really think that Stephanie Perkins has a knack for writing characters and making them feel really realistic and having their own little quirks that makes them unique. I loved Lola’s character, I thought that she was really relatable and unique character who had a great personality and was really believable as a character. I also really loved Cricket. I thought that his character was great, I loved how he would write everything on his hand, I thought that that was something that gave his character a lot of personality and really made me like his character a whole lot more.

Overall I thought that this book was AMAZING and I cannot wait till next year to read "Isla and the Happily Ever After" I think pretty soon I may be counting down the days till its release and I will definitely be pre-ordering my copy soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment