Friday, July 15, 2011

Twisted by Sara Shepard...

Series: Pretty Little Liars (Book #9)
Published:  July 5th 2011 by HarperTeen
Pages: 307
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:
It’s been a year since the torturous notes from A stopped and the mystery of Alison DiLaurentis’s disappearance was finally put to rest. Now seniors in high school, Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily are older, but they’re not any wiser. The Pretty Little Liars have more secrets than ever - twisted secrets that could destroy the perfect lives they’ve worked so hard to rebuild.

Aria’s jealous of her boyfriend’s new exchange student. Spencer’s getting a little too cozy with her soon-to-be-stepbrother. Hanna’s one scandalous photo away from ruining her dad’s Senate campaign. And Emily will do anything to get a swim scholarship.

Worst of all: Last spring break in Jamaica, they did something unforgivable. The girls are desperate to forget that fateful night, but they should know better than anyone that all secrets wash ashore … eventually.

Review:
To be honest I found myself not having very high expectations for this book as I found the last book really confusing and unrealistic. I also was really nervous about what Sara Shepard would do in this book as the series had really already concluded and we had already found out everything that there was to find out in the series. Boy, was I wrong, I was completley blown away.

Now onto the review...

Firstly, the plot. I thought that the plot was amazing and just as fast paced and exciting as the last 8 books, it was still filled with a wholle lot of twists and turns and mystery, and after not reading the series for about 6 months I found that you got caught up in the first chapters anyway. I found myself really liking what was happenin in the book and really liking the main storline, although it was definitley unrealistic I found myself enjoying it, and the ending of this book left you on a cliff hanger and difinitley wanting more.

Next, the characters. I found myself connecting with the charcters just like I did in the last 8 books and still being able to really relate to the charcters. I was also suprised to find that I really liked Spencer in this book. In the previous books I found myslf really liking Aria's character and I found that even though I felt sorry for Spencer, she really seemed to annoy me.
Now I find myself really liking Spencer's chacacter and Aria annouys me.

Overall I thought that this book showed just how great of a writer that Sara Shepard is and that she can still come up with a great book that continues on seemlessly with a series that had already come to an end. This book was a great editon to the series and definitley a great read, and anyone who is a fan of the series will love it and it will leave you wanting more. I know that I will definitley be pre-ordering the next book for when it comes out in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment