Saturday, July 16, 2011

Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman...

Series: Eon (Book #1)
Published:  August 31st 2010 by Firebird
Pages: 576
Rating: 2 stars
Age Recommendation: -
 
Synopsis:
 
Eon--the award-winning crossover fantasy that soars!

Sixteen-year-old Eon has a dream, and a mission. For years, he's been studying sword-work and magic, toward one end. He and his master hope that he will be chosen as a Dragoneye-an apprentice to one of the twelve energy dragons of good fortune.

But Eon has a dangerous secret. He is actually Eona, a sixteen-year-old girl who has been masquerading as a twelve-year-old boy. Females are forbidden to use Dragon Magic; if anyone discovers she has been hiding in plain sight, her death is assured.

When Eon's secret threatens to come to light, she and her allies are plunged into grave danger and a deadly struggle for the Imperial throne. Eon must find the strength and inner power to battle those who want to take her magic...and her life.
 
Review:
 
I found myself really looking foward to reading this book, so I had quite high expectations for this book after reading really good reviews on this book and I was sad to say I was let down...

I only managed to get about halfway through this book and then I had to put it down, I thought that this book had a good idea behind it but I found that the pace of the book wasn't picking up and that nothing was really happening.

Now onto the characters. I found myself not being able to relate to any of the characters, I don't know if that is because of the customs that the book revolves around or just that the characters were not relatable. I also found that there were way too many side characters for this book (even though I'm sure that they will have a purpose throughout the book)snd I just found it all to be way to confusing and I couldn't really figure out who the side characters were.

Overall I thought that this book did show promise in the pages that I read but I just couldn't really get into the story of Eon. But if you are debating wheather or not to read this book, I would say that you should atleast give it a try, I have seen so many good reviews for this book so there must be something special about this book and I just must have missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment