Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward...

Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood (Book #1)
Published: September 6th 2005 by Signet Eclipse
Pages: 393
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 16+ (Due to graphic content and violence)

Synopsis:

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.

The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.


Review:

Third time was definitely the charm when it came to me reading this book. I had picked it up twice before over the two years that I have had it and read only about fourty pages in and putting it down. But this time I decided to give it one hundred pages before I put it down, but by then the book was just too good to put down!

The plot. I LOVED the plot. Though I have read countless vampire books this was a concept I had never come across before and I really enjoyed it. There were a lot of plot twists in this book along with a lot of suspense and fast paced action which is something that I always really enjoy when reading books. Another thing that I really liked about this book was a multipul narration and how I got to see every aspect of the society though the actual persons eyes, whether it be from the Brotherhood, a human, a lesser ect. which I really liked because I got to see how they viewed the world and how everyone was different.

The characters. I also really loved the characters, they were all written so well and everyone seemed to have a lot of their back story explained in the book which I really liked, though I still haven't been able to really figure out which brother is which yet, but I think as I read more of the series that will change. I really loved Wrath's character and how I got to see how his character changed from being a slighty angry man and how he changed to being loving and protective when Beth came into his life. I also really liked Beth's character though I thought that she was strong from the start of the book I liked seeing how her character evolved into something even stronger especially towards the end of the book.

Overall I think this is a very dangerous series for me because I know I'm going to have to read one book after the other, I'm just hoping I can finish the next five that I have before my uni assignments start piling up! But I really loved this book and it was a great start to the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment