Friday, August 10, 2012

Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward...

Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood (Book #2)
Published: March 7th 2006 by Signet
Pages: 441
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 16+ (Due to graphic content and violence)

Synopsis:

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war raging between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret bound of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Possessed by a deadly beast Rhage is the most dangerous of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Within the brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetites. He's the best fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover-for inside him burns ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin. Owned by this dark side, Rhage fears the time when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him a danger to everyone around him.

Mary Luce, a survivor of many hardships is unwittingly thrown into the vampire world and reliant to Rhage's protection. With a life-threatening curse of her own, Mary is not looking for love. She lost her faith in miracles years ago. But when Rhage's intense animal attraction turns into something more emotional, he knows that he must make Mary his alone. And while their enemies close in, Mary fights desperately to gain life eternal with the one she loves...


Review:

Oh My Gosh!!!! That is all I can say about this book, it was AMAZING!!!Even with the really high expectations I had for it after reading "Dark Lover" it still blew my expectations out of the water.

The plot. I LOVED the plot, it was so different to what I was expecting and I really enjoyed it. I thought that the book flowed at a really great pace and I found myself getting lost in the story and before I knew it the book was over (which I was pretty sad about). I really enjoyed how descriptive the writting was, I found that it was very easy to envision what was happening in the book which made the story so enjoyable and fast to read, and another thing I think I am really going to like about this series is the multipul narration, I find that it makes the book a lot more interesting than if it would have been just from one characters perspective because I get to see what happens in the minds of everyone within this society, rather than just the one character.

The characters. Ahh the characters in this book, I loved them all. I thought that Mary was a very interesting character and really not what I was expecting from this book, but I really did like her character, I thought that she was really strong and really nice and relateable. I also really loved Rhage's charcter, I liked how I got to see what he was thinking and feeling throughout the book and how he struggled with everything that he had going on.

Overall I thought that this was a great second edition to the series and I cannot wait to see what happens in the third book.

No comments:

Post a Comment