Thursday, June 23, 2011

Across The Universe by Beth Revis...

Series: Across The Universe (Book #1)
Published:  March 3rd 2011 by Puffin
Pages: 398
Rating: 1 star
Age Recommendation: -

Synopsis:
Amy has left the life she loves for a world 300 years away.
Trapped in space and frozen in time, Amy is bound for a new planet. But fifty years before she's due to arrive, she is violently woken, the victim of an attempted murder. Now Amy's lost on board and nothing makes sense - she's never felt so alone.
Yet someone is waiting for her. He wants to protect her - and more if she'll let him.
But who can she trust amidst the secrets and lies? A killer is out there - and Amy has nowhere to hide...

Review:

Sadly I found myslf really not likeing this book and I was unable to finish it. I think that part of the reason for that was the sky high expectations I had for this book from all the raving reviews I heard, and from the little that I read of the book (I only got 200 pages in) I found that it was just a complete letdowm.

First of all the plot for me it didn't seem that there was much of a plot but i supose that that was because I didn't read that much of the book but within those 200 pages I found that there was really no interesting storline.

I also thought that the characters really lacked personality. Out of the three main characters the one that I liked the best was Elder because I felt that he was the most realistic character out of the three. I also found myself really not likeing the character of Amy, I found her character to be really winey and she seemed to just get on my nerves.

Overall for me I thought this book really fell flat but with me saying that I also feel that you dhould give this book a go stleast, I mean there a whole lot of poeple within the book blogging community that love this book so this book must have some promise in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment