Monday, February 21, 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins...

Series: The Hunger Games (Book #1)
Published: January 5th 2009 by Scholastic
Pages: 454
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: -
 
Synopsis:
 
Winning will make you famous.
Losing means certain death.

In a dark vision of the near future, a terrifying reality TV show is taking place. Twelve boys and twelve girls are forced to appear in a live event called the Hunger Games. There is only one rule: kill or be killed.

When sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen steps forward to take her sister's place in the games, she sees it as a death sentence. But Katniss has been close to death before. For her, survival is second nature.
 
Review:
 
I already knew what happened in this book before I actually finally picked it up and read it, but that didn't make the book any less suspensful for me. I found myself not wanting to put it down, especially when The Hunger Games actually started. I found the lead upto the games to be a little bit slow, but I still found it quite interesting to see how much time they put into making over and  prepearing the tributes for the games. I thought the writing style in this book was amazing and I also found that the main characters in this book have been writen extremely well. Overall I thought this was an amazing start to what is sure to be an amazing series.

No comments:

Post a Comment