Sunday, January 16, 2011

Matched by Ally Condie

Series: Matched (Book #1)
Published: December 2nd 2010 by Puffin
Pages: 366
Rating: 3 stars
 
Synopsis:
 
In the Society, Officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die.

Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s barely any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one . . . until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one else has ever dared follow—between perfection and passion.

Matched is a story for right now and storytelling with the resonance of a classic.
(Goodreads)
 
Review:
 
For me this book was pretty good, I thought the start was pretty slow but about a third of the way things really started to pick up and then I found myself not wanting to put it down. But for me probably the biggest let down for me was the ending... I found that for me it didn't really answer anything for me, but I'm thinking that's because It's going to be a series. But there are some very good things that I found with this book. I loved seeing the difference in relationships between Cassia and Xander and Cassia and Ky. Overall I thought this book was a pretty strong start to a new series and I am really looking foward to the next book.
 
Crossed (Matched #2) due to release November 1st 2011 according to Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment