Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa...

Series: Iron Fey (Book #1)
Published: February 1, 2010 by Harlequin Teen
Pages: 363
Rating: 5 stars

Synopsis:
 
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined…
Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.
(Goodreads)

Review:

I am very happy to say that I did end up finishing this book in 2010 because it was definitley an amazing book to end the year on. For me this book would be in my top 5 that i've read this year. The way Kagawa has written this book has made it suspenseful and really enjoyable to read. I found myself not wanting to put it down so I read it in about a day. Also I never thought I would really be interested in books with faeries, they just never seemed to appeal to me, but I thought I would give this book a chance as I have heard only good things about this book, and I am so glad I did this has probably become one of my new favourite book series. So you will proably be getting another book review very soon, as i'll probably be buying the next book today, so it should get to me tomorrow (New Zealand has really bad book shops so if you want anything good you always have to buy it off the internet).
But anyway back to the review. The characters in the book are written very well but especially the three main characters of Meghan, Robbie/Puck and Ash. I also found the love triangle in this book made it a whole lot more interesting for me, even though you don't really find out about it until the end. The character of Meghan also made the book for me, as she has so many admireable qualities, for me the two that stood out were courage and her being so caring. Overall I think this book was AMAZING and it should definitley be on your "To-Read" list if it isn't already, you definitley won't be dissapointed.

"The Iron Daughter" (Iron Fey #2) was released August of 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment