Thursday, March 28, 2013

Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally...

Series: Hundred Oaks (Book #3)
Published: March 1st 2013 by Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 320
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 15+ (Due to mature content)

Synopsis:

Companion to Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker.

Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different…

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’s gone from a geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt--with her.

Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn’t that easy…


Review:

I had extremely high expectations for this book after reading and loving the first two in the series and this book definitely lived up to and even surpassed those expectations,

The plot. I didn't really know what to expect when it came to the plot because I hadn't read the synopsis because I didn't want to be spoiled in any way. But I knew two things before I even opened this book... the characters would be written amazingly and I would pretty much fall in love with the book right away, and I was correct on both counts. Even though this wasn't centred around anything sport related like the last two books that really didn't bother me and I thought that it was a nice change. I loved seeing all the new and old characters and how they all interacted with each other and I thought that the pacing of the book was great as well as just how the plot of the book developed throughout the book.

The characters. I really loved all of the characters in this book and I thought that they were all written really well.
Kate. I really enjoyed Kate's character. Sure, I didn't really like her at the start of the book because she was so strict in her beliefs (which isn't a bad thing) but I liked seeing how she changed throughout the book as she went through the weeks at camp and when her relationship with Matt started to develop into something more than friendship and how he started to bring her out of her shell and to become more comfortable in herself.
Matt. I really loved Matt's character also and I loved how him and Kate had that connection of their previous camp so they could build on that friendship. I thought that Matt was a really great guy and was so genuine and caring towards Kate and his friends throughout the book.
Parker. I really enjoyed Parker's character in this book and how she let Kate into her life even what happend with her church when her mum left. I loved seeing how her and Will's relationship developed over the course of the book and how she ultimately became a great friend for Kate.

Overall I really did enjoy this book and I thought that it was a great third book in the series and I will be pre-ordering my copy of "Racing Savannah" very soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Miranda Kenneally has created a series with continuing characters, highlighting different characters in each book. It's a really fun way to do a series, something I enjoyed about the MEMENTO NORA series by Angie Smibert, as well (totally different genre from this, but she does the new POV each book thing). Also, love the author! She's one of those fabulous authors who connects with her fans and encourages other writers. Great review. Thanks for the insights.

    ReplyDelete