Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lover Unbound by J.R. Ward...

Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood (Book #5)
Published: September 25th 2007 by Signet
Pages: 502
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 16+ (Due to graphic content and violence)

Synopsis:

In Caldwell, New York, war rages between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Now the cold heart of a cunning predator will be warmed against its will...
Ruthless and brilliant, Vishous, son of the Bloodletter, possesses a destructive curse and a frightening ability to see the future. As a pretrans growing up in his father's war camp he was tormented and abused. As a member of the Brotherhood, he has no interest in love or emotion, only the battle with the Lessening Society. But when a mortal injury puts him in the care of human surgeon, Dr. Jane Whitcomb compels him to reveal his inner pain and taste true pleasure for the first time-until a destiny he didn't choose takes him into a future that cannot include her...

Review:

Oh my gosh!! This series just keeps getting better and better. To be honest I have no idea what I am going to write for this review I'm still trying to collect my thoughts from reading this book, it has pretty much left me speechless.

The plot. I LOVED the plot. The two reasons that it took me so long to read it was one, because of school work and two, because I didn't want it to end, so I was trying to only read a little at a time (though that didn't always work out). I really loved the storyline in this book I thought that it was really interesting and I loved all the flashbacks into V's past where I got to find out more about how he got to be who he is now in the books. A lot of what happened in this book I was not expecting at all, there were so many plot twists and crazy things happening in this book that I was taken off guard a lot of the time and I found this book to be an emotional roller-coaster for me, especially towards the end. I also really loved the ending of this book, I thought that it showed a different side of the Scribe Virgin and I thought what V did for her in the end showed that he knew the extent of the sacrifice she made for him and wanted to repay her for it.

The characters. I loved the charcters in this book!! I thought that Jane was a really strong character who was also really relateable and a great match for V. I liked seeing how she grew thoughout the book and how she handled being involved in the vampire world. I really loved V's character aswell, he would have to be my favourite brother in the books, so when I found out that this book was on his character I was so excited to get to see more into his head and have the story focus on him, and it did not dissapoint. I loved seeing how his character grew thoughout the book and how he handeled the things that he struggled with and I think that out of the five books that I have read so far he had the hardest time out of all the brothers in what he had to deal with. I also loved seeing how his charcter grew throughout the book, I liked seeing him go from the hard character that he was in the beggining of the book and seeing how he changed when Jane came into his life and how he came to terms with the changes in his personality.

Overall I am completely in love with this book and now I have super high expectations for the next book so I am a little scared to read it. Out of the series so far this would have to be my favourite and I thought that it was a perfect book and I really cannot wait to see what happens to all the brothers in the books to come


1 comment:

  1. LOve your review:) Never read this book, love the cover:)

    ReplyDelete