Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward...

Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood (Book #4)
Published: March 6th 2007 by Signet
Pages: 468
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 16+ (Due to graphic content and violence)

Synopsis:

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York,
there's a deadly war raging between vampires and their
slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers
like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their
race. Now, an ally of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
will face the challenge of his life and the evil of the ages.


Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. And if he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers.

But fate curses him with the very thing he wants. When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead, he's found by a miracle, and the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him.


Review:

I LOVED this book! Though I read it with really long intervals in between every time I picked it up again I could remember exactly what had happened before and then got completely lost in the story all over again.

The plot. I really loved the plot of this book, I thought that it was very different from all the other books in the series that I've read so far, I thought that there were a lot of great plot twists in the book and I really liked seeing the vampire world through a humans eyes and seeing how Butch tried to fit in, and I loved how descriptibe the writing was and how it felt like I was right there with the character I was reading about and seeing everything through their eyes.

The characters. I really loved all the characters in the book, they were all written flawlessly and they all had a lot of depth and back story to them which I loved. I really liked Butch's charcter, for me he has always been a unique character and I have loved reading about him in the previous books because I loved his witty comments throughout the book and I also loved seeing how he grew throughout the course of the book. I also really loved Marrisa's charcter, when I first read about her in the series she always seemed to come across as quite weak, but after reading this book I knew that I was dead wrong. Marrisa is a really strong character and I really loved reading about her in the book and reading the story from her POV and I loved seeing how she grew in the book and became more of her own person and really started to take control of her life and went after what she wanted.

Overall I thought that this was a great edition to the series and I liked how the main character in the story was human so I got to see his perspective of the vampire world. I also loved how there and multipul POV in this series so I get to see what is happening inside the heads of different characters throghout the book. I seriously cannot get enough of this series, I just ordered books 7-10 and I cannot wait to see what in store for all of the characters in the books to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment